GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Big Air Festival Chur
1. general provisions
- The Big Air Festival is a festival of First Event AG, hereinafter referred to as the “Organizer”.
- By purchasing a ticket to the Festival, the purchaser accepts these General Terms and Conditions. The holder of a ticket who has not purchased his ticket through the ticket providers designated by the organizer or has otherwise become the holder of a ticket accepts these General Terms and Conditions at the moment he takes possession of the ticket.
- The festival will be held outdoors in all weather conditions.
- The instructions of the organizer’s staff must be strictly followed. Failure to comply will result in expulsion from the festival area without refund of the ticket purchase price. The organizer reserves the right to take civil and criminal action.
- The festival area consists of the following cordoned off sections: Festival area and the festival parking lot. Access to the festival area resp. to individual sections of the grounds is possible only with a valid admission ticket at the access times published for the respective category on the organizer’s website.
- The festival visitor agrees that he/she will be recorded cinematically and/or acoustically as part of the audience and that these recordings will be used and exploited commercially and without compensation. He expressly and irrevocably waives the assertion of his personal rights in this respect.
- Under 11s are allowed entry only when accompanied by an adult. The organizer declines any responsibility and/or liability in case of non-compliance.
- The organizer has no influence on the design and content of the artists’ performances. The organizer assumes no liability in this regard.
- The organizer reserves the right to change the content and/or the program of the festival at any time and without prior notice.
3. noise immissions
- At concerts, there may be a risk of possible hearing and health damage due to the volume. Hearing protection plugs will be distributed at the entrances to and at special locations in the festival area.
- The organizer declines any responsibility for any damage to hearing or health.
- The organizer’s security service will carry out security and entry checks at all official entrances to and along the festival area and throughout the duration of the festival.
- The security service carries out random bag checks and body searches in consultation / cooperation with the local police authorities.
- The right to deny festival visitors entry to the festival area or to expel them from the festival area for good cause is reserved. If the festival visitor is not at fault, the organizer may, at its discretion, refund the purchase price of the ticket. Failure to comply with these General Terms and Conditions constitutes good cause.
5. access to and behavior in the festival area
- Parking on the access roads to the festival area and on the festival area (excl. festival parking lots) is strictly prohibited.
- Vehicles parked on the access roads or not in the festival parking lot will be towed away without prior notice and at the owner’s expense. The vehicle owner becomes liable for costs and has to bear all expenses as soon as the towing service is ordered.
- Parking of vehicles is at your own risk.
- Public transportation is to be used whenever possible.
- The ticket must be exchanged for a control bracelet at the official ticket offices and exchange stations of the organizer. The control bracelet is personal and non-transferable.
- Every person entering the festival area (excl. festival parking lot) must wear the control bracelet tightly closed around the wrist before entering.
- Damaged wristbands and wristbands that are not firmly worn around the wrist do not entitle the wearer to use the services of the organizer, in particular not to admission, and are invalid.
- Depending on the wristband, the control wristband entitles the holder to enter the festival area and the campsites during the time period stated on the ticket.
- Lost admission tickets, complimentary tickets or control wristbands will not be replaced as a matter of principle.
- Persons who are on the festival area (excluding the festival parking lot) without a properly fastened wristband will be turned away and reported.
- The organizer reserves the right to change the admission times without prior notice. The organizer assumes no liability for delays in admission.
- Picture, sound, film and video recordings of the artists and athletes performing at the festival are not allowed. Recordings for private use are generally permitted.
- The commercial use and exploitation of images, sound, film and video recordings of the artists and athletes performing at the festival, of festival visitors or of the festival infrastructure is prohibited.
- Violations will be prosecuted under civil and criminal law.
5.4 Further rules
- Prohibited items and animals in the festival area are:
- Sun umbrellas, umbrellas and (flag) poles
- All firearms, spray weapons, stabbing weapons, percussive weapons, and cutting weapons as well as other objects classified as dangerous, especially pocket knives (bag knives).
- Cameras with digital or analog SLRs with/without interchangeable lenses, film and video cameras, and audio recording devices
- Selfie sticks and GoPro sticks, etc.
- Drones and other airborne devices, with or without cameras
- Rollerblades, skateboards and kickboards, roller skates, bicycles, strollers, etc.
- Pyrotechnic objects, petards, dry ice
- A deposit of CHF 2.00 will be charged on each drink purchased at the festival area. The deposit will be refunded at all bars and beverage stands. Organized collection of deposits by individuals or organizations – even under the guise of a “good cause” – is prohibited without prior consultation with the organizer. In case of violation, these persons will be expelled from the festival area without refund of the ticket purchase price.
Tickets can only be purchased through the ticket providers designated by the organizer.
6.1 Return or refund claim
In principle, there is no right to return the ticket or claim a refund of the purchase price of the ticket. Exception:
- Cancellation due to pandemic: If the festival has to be cancelled at short notice due to the current pandemic, the tickets will be refunded.
6.2 Resale of admission tickets
- The purchase of tickets for the purpose of resale is prohibited. The organizer shall carry out appropriate checks and may block the tickets purchased for the purpose of resale and declare them invalid. We reserve the right to take civil and criminal action.
- To the extent permitted by law, any liability of the organizer for its own conduct and for the conduct of its auxiliary persons is excluded. In particular, the organizer and its auxiliary persons are not liable for bodily injury or property damage caused to festival visitors by third parties (e.g. stand operators).
- The organizer is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Lost property will be handed over to the lost and found office in Chur after the festival.
8. final provisions
- If the festival has to be cancelled or postponed due to force majeure (e.g. war, death or illness of an artist, bad weather, catastrophes, riots, threat of terrorism, warning or act of terrorism, official ban or non-permission of the festival through no fault of the festival, etc.), there is neither a right to return the ticket nor to a refund of the purchase price of the ticket, but the ticket can only be exchanged for a ticket for the next edition of the festival. In exceptional cases, the organizer may decide, at its own discretion and on a case-by-case basis, to refund the purchase price of the ticket instead, less a handling fee of 10% of the purchase price (maximum handling fee CHF 50.00). There is no entitlement to this. Exception according to Article 6.1.
- If the festival has to be interrupted or canceled due to force majeure, there is no claim for return of the ticket, refund of the ticket purchase price or exchange for the next edition of the festival. Any temporary interruption of the Festival (e.g. due to bad weather) from the opening of the Festival is considered as an interruption of the Festival. Termination of the festival is considered to be any termination of the festival that has taken place since the opening of the festival (e.g. due to an official ban).
- Amendments to these General Terms and Conditions must be made in writing.
- There are no ancillary agreements.
- The organizer reserves the right to change these general terms and conditions at any time. Amendments shall be deemed accepted unless objected to within 30 days of publication.
- These General Terms and Conditions shall be governed exclusively by Swiss law, excluding its conflict of law rules and the Vienna Sales Convention. The place of jurisdiction for all disputes shall be exclusively Frauenfeld, Switzerland.